Cathedral Caverns

Cathedral Caverns
the locale of the book and a magickal place

Welcome

Enter the fantasy world of Dividing Dark

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Caving

Me and caves, not the best of friends. Ask my husband. I'm scared of heights, scared of mountains, etc.

But I felt this inner calling to see these dark, mysterious places. Being in a cave is like being on another planet. It is breathtaking, yet alien and dangerous.

When I read in a local paper that the maps to the local caves were being made classified and removed from puplic record, I wondered why. I like a good conspiracy. What are they hiding? I decided to imagine they were hiding Reptile monsters for my book. Who knows? Maybe they are. Now Tennessee is closing all access to their caves. They say it is a virus. Could be. Could be not. People are afraid of viruses, seems like a good excuse or maybe it is true.

All I know is that if people realize how beautiful these places are, they would work to preserve and care for them. It is my hope that people come to love these places like I do. Yes, I'm still scared of going in them, but I respect nature and tread gently upon it.

Share the adventure in my book if you like and then go to these real places and see if you don't feel what I do, and just maybe they will bring magick to your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment